Thursday, September 10, 2009

Le Champs De Mars

...Is where me and my dear roommate Abby went tonight to drink cheap white wine (although at this point, one may easily omit the cheap in favor of less cluttered posts. You must be used to the concept of me drinking cheap wine.) and meet adorable Italian M.B.A. students in town for one more night. Luckily, tomorrow is Friday and I am ready to go out to the discotheques for my friend Caroline's 21st birthday! Despite that it doesn't mean much here in France, the highly American symbolism still resounds.

Decided to laugh my way through French class today instead of getting depressed. Discovered that every pack of cigarettes sold in France says "smoking kills" on the outside. Drank three bottles of wine for dinner instead of eating anything sustainable. People told me wine was cheaper than water, but no one said it was also cheaper than food. That 0.90 centime baguette was good though. But that's all I had time to eat today. I prefer my own kitchen, so I still haven't cooked any food at my house. They're weird about who uses the olive oil. Oy vey.

Listening to my friend Jack S.'s great acoustic covers of Beyonce, Bob Dylan, and MGMT songs. My fingernails are filthy, just like Joni says. Good thing I don't have class in the AM OH WAIT MY PROFESSOR RESCHEDULED OUR CLASS FOR 9AM TOMORROW BECAUSE OF THINGS THAT ARE BEYOND OUR CONTROL AWESOME. It's fine. The discos await.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment