Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Aujourd'hui

Just now learned that "aujourd'hui" is spelled with an apostrophe and not a damn hyphen. Wish they had taught me that in my three French classes so I didn't feel like such a doofus. Got to sleep in today, get up and read some Texts From Last Night and work on my HCB paper more. Thank god for FreeTranslation.com.

Think I need to buy some cheap boots. My Toms aren't doing much for me in the way of warmth. Looked up some Couchsurfers in Prague and Amsterdam last night. I'd really love to go to Prague and I think I might even take a day or two off from class to spend a good few days there. It's supposed to be super cheap and gorgeous. Plus I just finished "The Unbearable Lightness of Being" which is set largely in Prague (or Praha, as it's called locally) and from the sounds of that novel, it was the place to be after the Soviets invaded. Bahaha. I now know where the name for Regina Spektor's 2003 album "Soviet Kitsch" came from: that book. I love her even more, if that's possible.

OK, off to Phonetics class and then French for another day of many a chuckle.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment