Monday, September 7, 2009

French TV

Watched '24' ('Vingt-Quatre') in French with my brothers. They surprised me as I was coming out of the bathroom. The toilet room, I mean. The bathroom (shower/bath) is down the hall. But they were waiting in my darkened room to leap out at me and tell me to come hang out downstairs before going to sleep. Very nice, considering I'd holed myself up in my loft for the past few hours Skyping and watching 'Mad Men' and looking over French verbs. Not so much the last one, hah!

Class today was OK. Cinema will be wonderful and I get to write papers in English! which we all know is my forte. In between classes I sort of wandered in and out of the metro with my headphones on, thinking of something to write a poem about. French class is two hours every day with my dyslexic and senile teacher. She might be nice, but I'm fairly sure that she's insane. Luckily I have someone to make faces at in class (4 other girls in my program). The rest of the students are international and one is named Hedwig! Still only one boy. No boys in my cinema class.

Thank god for my host brothers. They play video games and everything. Just like boys.

Went shopping at H&M for winter things. Got a coat on sale. It's cute. Assez French. I wish this damn country would pick a temperature though. All day long I sweat and shed my various layers of cardigans and then in the evening when I want to wear my cardigans, they are covered in sweat! ZUT! Mais, c'est pas grave. My host brothers keep telling me that my French will get better. I'm starting to believe them. Despite my classes. HAH as always, that phrase appears.

A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment