Thursday, September 3, 2009

Jeudi...So Far

Well just hustled back from our French placement test in Montparnasse (14eme) to the Foyer in the pouring rain with no map and no assistance! It's ironic how much the program babys us with "safety regulations" and then takes us to the middle of the city and leaves us there, floundering with our bad French.

The placement test was dreadful so I just started making things up, like I always do in French class. I couldn't understand what the redaction (essay) question was asking so I talked about going to the beach and cooking with mes amis every summer. Whatever. Choose verbs you already know, people. That's how I've passed every French so far. There were also a bunch of "fill-in-the-blank" type of questions that I just made up answers to as well. Oh well. Looks like I'll be in elementary French. Quel surprise !

The interview section was crazy too, and my interviewer asked me some questions I didn't understand so I just stared at her and started talking about AFAM and food and coming to Paris with my mom a few years ago. Zut!

Going to read The Unbearable Lightness of Being and surf Paris food blogs until my next meeting at 15h (3pm) to find out my host family!

No comments:

Post a Comment