Monday, September 28, 2009

Avec Mes Freres, Ce Soir

I'm switching French classes tomorrow. Apparently, the class that I was placed into was the highest-level "elementaire" (intermediate for UNC) class, which meant that it was meant to move faster and cover material with which I was not comfortable. At all. So, after my professor first said that she was concerned for my happiness and my success in the class, she informed me that she had gone ahead and switched me into the other class. That makes it easier on me, definitely.

This evening, after working a bit on my application for Advanced Poetry next semester, I sat outside with my brothers smoking cigarettes and sharing various cool clips on YouTube, including Jabbawockeez dance performances, a French rapper that I will be adding to my project for Bondurant called Rohff (a bit cheesy, but cool production. Sometimes.), a sweet (and unknown to me!) Lil Wayne freestyle entitled "Reggae Freestyle", and a b-boy battle between Hong 10(?) and some French dancer named Lilou. It was insane. I really recommend that everyone watch the dance-off. Good god. And the whole thing is worthwhile.

Then we watched videos of drunk people, T-Pain, Chris Brown, Justice, and listened to the MySpace music pages of some of Julien's friends, including a (less-than-talented) DJ called DJ Matt M (original) and another band called The Cigs. The French are very funny.

Going to watch L'Age d'Or or read "Love in the Time of Cholera." Which rocks more?

No comments:

Post a Comment