Monday, December 14, 2009

International Players' Ball

Back in Paris in the flat of my lovely Danish girlfriend from CCF Sophie, where this evening we have made dinner (spicy vegetarian tomato pasta dish yummm with bread - obviously - and smoked salmon, and wine for the first time in too many days) and watched Harold & Maude (my perennial film of choice to share with fellow moviegoers such as myself), followed by watching of Palme d'Or winner trailers and Lady Gaga music videos. She lives on Rue Monge with an older Polish woman in a very French apartment with big windows and a Christmas tree. I am sleeping in the living room with the Christmas tree (frankly a nice change of pace from an Islamic country) and will be awakening in about 3 hours to catch a bus to Amsterdam. My strategy with early morning travel is as follows: stay up as late as you can with the people you love and then sleep en route in the morning. That was my M.O. staying up until 3 last night watching "Slumdog Millionaire" with my Morocco gang, and I subsequently slept the entire flight into CDG by pulling down my tray table and covering my head with my winter coat and passing out for 3.5 hours.

With regards to Morocco, it's going to take me a long time to write up all the joy and thrills of our time in the Kingdom, and I say "our" as opposed to "my" since, by the grace of Allah or perhaps just the travel gods, I stumbled upon the most wonderful group of people one can possibly find in an impossible-to-find, last-minute hostel one's first time in a developing nation. Much more to be said on them and our myriad adventures later. In the meantime, you may view said escapades via my Facebook album entitled "Morocco," filled with the glory and cold that is North African winter.

Bisous, and hopefully my 8-hour bus ride will provide sleep and a looong post au sujet de Maroc.

No comments:

Post a Comment