Sunday, November 1, 2009

Indulgence Abounds

Working on my autobiography. Let me know if you have a preference for what you want your fictional name to be, because if you are reading this, you are a character.

Went to a French party with my dear brother Julien (see previous post for photographs) and spent most of the time playing better music than "Poker Face," the Black-Eyed Peas, and Bob Marley over and over again, like Daft Punk (obviously) and Drake ("Best I Ever Had" is now all the rage in France. Here we go again.).

Camilla from GSE poetry 2006 came to Paris on Friday night and went out with Abby and me for sangria at Le Dix (I suppose I'm on the verge of being a regular!) and then to Cafe des Artistes, where we drank Delirium Tremens until the bar closed. Then after a bit of walking and a few more drinks and unsuccessful attempts to eat garlic bread, Camilla's beautiful self had to be dropped off and Abby and I somehow walked around until the metro opened at 5h30. Then a sleepover occurred, then a day of hangover, followed by an uneventful Halloween of CSI (the original, obviously), celebrating Victor's 12th birthday, and smoking with the older brothers through Julien's window while watching our 12-year-old neighbor's band perform the Star-Spangled Banner. Funny to me that they all knew the tune and the words and I don't even really know what the national anthem of France is called. "Marseilles" something, je crois.

Then today Abby and I braved the god damned rain to attend an art show at Place de la Bastille. Very entertaining, lots of interesting paintings, and only one booth of bad Picasso rip-offs. However, the malaise of the rain and my very realistic dream of hugging my dearest friends gave me a bit of a bad start to the day and I pretty much spent hours browsing things on eBay and finishing my book/starting a new one. After dinner of chicken and green beans with my family, I watched the French news (H1N1 AHHHH!) and Skyped and now I am writing a poem about my host brothers playing soccer and yes, I am actually writing my autobiography. Really, why not?

Thx for reading.

A bientot!

3 comments:

  1. I want to be called Inglebert McFuckelstein.

    -Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evenelle Townsend, doesn't that sound like a winner?
    -Katie G

    ReplyDelete